Sunday 23 June 2013


2012 was an interesting year for a bicycle, which is now like a family member I think it will become a firm place in the garage to be Melling. Sure, the vast trailie broke all records in the length of time I owned a motorcycle - and I had many motorcycles through my hands in the last 45 years.

The reasons for the continued detention is the same as for the original purchase remain. If you really want a bike that is very good a wide range of tasks, since to create a fashion statement / status / lifestyle contrary, it is the discrete trailie Suzuki is still very hard to beat. More on that later, but now is the big news story of 2012 - I came into our beloved "electricity.
Image of New Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Yes, shock, horror, now reveals everything. The "crash" was very annoying, but fortunately neither fatal nor expensive. Although we already married a long time in some parts of our lives and I'm Carol boyfriend / girlfriend - and all the more so when it comes to show her that I still love the Moto God comes in with all the decades. The problem is that even the gods sometimes overestimate their own abilities.

So we here are in a small Welsh village, with narrow and busy main road, near to you to stop meal in an old fashioned pub where I could search by Carol as a lovestruck teenager and wonder how we can be so happy, they have to.

Now, to a lesser Moto God, let alone a mortal would to have done with caution, but my mind was on other things that I just scratched Suz full wrap of course feet, with the intention of running to cool maneuvers that make a liquid nitrogen tank, a cup hot coffee would. Unless I'm out of the castle, keyed "power and about 0.001 mph, found in a pile under the wheel.

Carol, with almost as much riding experience than me, but much more sense, got off the bike like a ballerina and left me under the wheel and melt the asphalt with my blushes.

There was good news and bad news. The good news is that the damage was minimal. The right display should be replaced at the same time protect the hand on the same side. Not break the watch, but scratches marred the appearance otherwise mint bike, so I replaced it and the flag. Suzuki raise the flag of five minutes in the garage of the house work, so that the total cost of the accident was minimal - but still enough to teach me that even a moto God, prudence can sometimes be a good thing.

In fact, I do a lot of noise for nothing in terms of bad news. Thank excellent SMX5 Alpinestars boots I left the wound open scene. While with 500 pounds falling V power to your ankles and feet should not be recommended, and some bone cutting without top quality protective gear. But for readers on a budget, it is best to have the leg between the wheel and the road, because it protects your precious horse.

But the worst was yet to come. When Carol the bike lifted enough for me to pull my foot, a beautiful baby police came to give her hand and gave me some advice: Born Again Bikers "I just cycling after a long break you returned?" trying to relive your youth. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

"You would be better with a little bike until you get a little more experience."

Yes, officer, thank you for the advice. What you mean is that I better not be a lovestruck teenager shows his new girlfriend.

In addition to the "crash" when such a small incident is worthy of the name, I also had a minor mechanical problems with the "electricity.

Over a period of about four months, the fluid in the clutch master cylinder has slowly declined. The decline was tiny and only from a background of classic motorcycles where things break all the time, I even noticed the loss.
Master cylinder of Suzuki V-Strom 1000, be creative
Anyway, I followed the text book, meticulously cleaned the edge of the brake master cylinder to prevent contamination and finished the cylinder with fresh fluid. A few months later there was a further decline and, therefore, clearly something was wrong. Crooks Suzuki know so much about V power than any dealer in the world and Martin Crooks ordered a seal kit and a full master cylinder when I did the "power for its annual maintenance. Transpired the master seal had developed a microscopic cracks and it is thanks to the liquid flows out.

Martin's advice was not to replace the seal, but the whole unit, because if a seal showing signs of age, while the other would also. The difference between the cost of repairing the old and a new replacement of the brand was only $ 40 and now we are back to square one and hopefully another four years of trouble clutch operation.

You will notice the comment on another four years. The New Suzuki V-Strom 1000 is a problem that all manufacturers are facing. That's it. Our "power sail through the day quickly enough for me to lose my driver speeds the bike handles beautifully, the engine is smooth and easy to fly, and I regularly see over 50 mpg -., And sometimes even more than that.

I'd better brakes and fork less flex, but these are not deal breakers.

On the positive side, the bike is absolutely all we ask is - Highways, canyon twisties, small roads, it is still agile and responsive in the right urban centers to a pilot on the ambitious!

Carol loves space and passenger comfort and pleasure in the top box giant who takes his daughter all the things until we stop. He swallows two helmets when we do not have to carry them with us.

In short, your pen will run before checking all the fields on the positive route 1000 V-Strom.

Moreover, another factor. There was a time that Britain was the most militant enforcement of traffic rules in Europe, but most other countries have caught up with us and now will pass. France in particular is a nightmare of hidden cameras and political activists, that every transgression is expensive means.

Journalists, and I'm as guilty as anyone else, love new bikes and new toys as manufacturers take in Spain or Italy, where the local police to cooperate in the implementation in order to empty the law on the introduction of the manufacturer, and then give them dry, roads where there is no chance of a ticket.

As journalists report on the latest 120mph performance is super Trailie and multi-mode power supply, active suspension, traction control, and God knows what else.

But in the real world all these eye-catching headlight features are largely irrelevant. Still active as a runner, I do not know how you set the suspension, but how often do I have either the fork or shock to our V-Strom in four years? The answer is zero!

Given the possibility that I continue current card on the "power or change the rear suspension on the fly Once I was getting bored with the novelty constantly - probably in the first 100 miles - would keys probably grow moss on them due to lack of use .

Better yet, I can change the power settings on our V power quite easily through the already very clever device called a gas. Close it, and the engine makes less power. Open it and there is still more. Slippery when wet i use less energy and dry I use most often. How innovative is that?

As in the fast corners with the optimal settings for the suspension, I'm more worried about a turn and come to a good agent with a laser gun or, just as bad, turn a tractor about 90 degrees find the road, I AM Earn 3 mph. Go fast the track - and I love it. Riding on the road requires brains and self-discipline.

Instead of increasing the power electronics and turn 120mph cruising speed - it's jail for you, young man, in the UK - I want a simple, lightweight bike that is both affordable and fun. ABS I will not because it is a sensible precaution, but I can live without.

If our V-Strom would be abducted by aliens today, it would be so, so not replaced by a GS1200 or sexy Aprilia Caponord. Suzuki V-Strom 650 or the Triumph Tiger 800 - Instead, it would be one of two bikes or who are at the top of the tree Trailie be great. Both are affordable - yes, that word again - have lightweight, easy to assemble and more power than in a credible way be used in the real world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment